Saturday, June 27, 2015

It's A New Season

       It's been awhile since I have written-I actually forgot about this blog altogether. Life does that to you sometimes. But, there is something I love about pouring the things God has placed on my heart on a forum for not only myself but also for others to be able to read. I have always been a transparent person about where I am at. 
      To be honest, if you would have told me a year ago that I would be married and have our sweet Ivy Ruth, I would not have believed you. This past year has been filled with many joys, but also many anxieties as I am searching for what my new normal looks like. There are days where I feel completely inadequate to have such an important role as a helper to my hubby and a mommy to my ever so sweet Ivy. I am learning to take comfort in knowing that God has placed me in this season of growth and change for a purpose. I know that his plans are always greater. It is so easy to make it all about my own needs and how maybe I don't get enough "me" time anymore, or how it's a rarity if I get to take a shower without also hearing a crying baby, and how it just isn't fair. 
      But, there is so much good in this season. I have such a huge opportunity to serve my family with the joy of the Lord in my heart. I get to love on and show my daughter what it means to be a woman of God and what it means to be a wife. She looks to me, I am the first glimpse of Jesus she will see, in a world full of people pulling her in all different directions. I also have an opportunity to be the best helper and mate to my husband as I can possibly be. Being married is challenging but also one of the single best things to happen to me. Who doesn't want to have endless sleepovers with their best friend? I get really excited to see the way God will use us to further His kingdom. 

       So, through all of my anxieties as things are in this new season of life, I am choosing to see the good, the beautiful, and the present. Because I know Jesus has me here for a reason and I can't wait to see all that he does. When anxious thoughts arise I am constantly taken back to this verse, 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 "The weapons we fight are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have the divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we TAKE CAPTIVE EVERY THOUGHT to make it obedient to Christ." Everything we need can be found in Him. We can choose what we let consume our minds-set it on the eternal. 



-Ivy's momma

No comments:

Post a Comment