Thursday, July 9, 2015

Imperfectly Perfect

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
-2 Corinthians 12:9-10 

How often do we allow ourselves to be vulnerable enough they we boast about our inadequacies and imperfections? We all struggle with things at times, yet those are the things we avoid conversation about the most. Nobody wants to air out their dirty laundry-yet scripture says we are to delight in our weaknesses. I don't think this means we are to stay in our hard place, but it is just a reminder of how undeserving we are and yet how much God gives us grace all the more. It's when we realize that we can't do anything apart from God, when we humble ourselves enough that we can admit our short comings, that God is able to use us and transform us and bring glory to His name. What are your hardships today? Give them over to Jesus because his grace is sufficient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment