Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wonder

  There are no poetic words for the past two years. From fall of 2013 to the current day, I have been struggling with depression, anxiety, doubt, fear, and completely questioning the existence of God. I have experienced thoughts I have never had  before, letting satan win. I was held captive in my own mind and feeling there was no way out. I had been in a spiritual drought for months, I thought it would never end. Slowly God has been helping to find who I am in Him. I am starting to feel him again like I did before. I feel like a child again-rediscovering God as Lord of my life. The song Wonder by Bethel came on the other day as I was spending time in prayer and reading. It describes exactly where my heart is right now-reigniting my wonder and awe. How often do we truly grasp how amazing our God is? The God of the whole entire universe wants to have a relationship with US. He longs to guide our every step and whisper His perfect plan in our ears. He wants to show us His unconditional love. He sent his Son to die on the cross so we get to spend an eternity with Him. Do we ever think about this, not just as a bible story but as truth. As real life. It is completely MIND BLOWING.  I am elated and so filled with joy. God is so good. The chorus goes something like this..this is my prayer for each of you today..


May we never lose our wonder
May we never lose our wonder
Wide eyed and mystified
May we be just like a child
Staring at the beauty of our King 


-Ivys momma 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment