Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spotlight For Me Please!

Romans 3:12 "All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one  who does good, not even one." But wait, I go to church EVERY Sunday. I help out at church in my free time, I hang out with all the "good" kids at school, and everyone in my town adores me. Sometimes as Christians we get an attitude about ourselves. We think we deserve a spotlight and a halo, and judge all of those who may be at a different point on the path with Christ than ourselves. No. No. No. You are missing the whole concept of being Christ like. Nobody is good and we have all fallen short. To be like Christ is sometimes not about condemning and more about loving and showing by example who Christ is. I don't believe anyone has ever had God shoved down their throat and come go Christ. I know that if I wasn't a follower, the whole God concept would sound far fetched. I also wouldn't be willing to give up the sinful behavior in my life for something I don't even believe in. So, take that into consideration. Get down off of your stage with your spotlight and truly love others. Love others like you want to be loved and pray. Pray that others will come to Christ through the love you have shown. Be the change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment